Our tour begins at the town christening site, located at 101 N. Chicago Street:

Christening Site of Lincoln/Lincoln Depot (101 N. Chicago St., corner of Broadway and Chicago)

You are probably aware that the forts and settlements that became the great cities of Chicago and St. Louis were located where they were because of the availability of water travel. The railroad was built on a line to connect these great cities. Lincoln, as did many other towns, sprang up along these railroads.

In 1853, three gentlemen from Elkhart, (which is down the road about 15 minutes on Route 66) John Dean Gillett, Virgil Hickox, and Robert Latham, platted the village which was to become Lincoln, Illinois. With their financial resources, and more than a little insider information, they knew the railroad would need a full-service station in Lincoln. At that time, trains could only travel about 30 miles before they needed water and wood again. There was a station in Springfield and Bloomington, but one was needed here in Lincoln. (Lincoln Depot pictured left.)
They filed the proper paperwork and hired Abraham Lincoln as their attorney. A popular folk tale was that the blocks along the railroad are longer than they are deep. The legend states that John Logan, who was 5’6″ walked East to West and Abraham Lincoln who was 6’4″, walked North to South, making the blocks rectangular in shape. The land abutting the railroad would be more valuable than the land away from the railroad. When asked if they could name the city Lincoln, he stated, “You can if you want, but nothing named Lincoln ever amounted to much.” Lincoln was asked to speak at the christening and a young man was selling watermelon from his wagon. Lincoln approached the wagon, selected a watermelon, cut it open with his pocketknife, and squeezing the juice on to the ground, christened the city of Lincoln on August 27, 1853. (Christening monument pictured right.)
Abraham Lincoln frequented this city by train after its founding. As president-elect, Lincoln came here on November 21, 1860. He stopped near the Deopt to make a few remarks from the rear of his train. This was his last spech in Logan County and the last time Lincoln would visit his namesake city, until his funeral train stopped here on May 3, 1865. The current depot was built in 1911.
Logan County Illinois Genealogical & Historical Society (114 N. Chicago St)

The Society’s goals are to encourage the preservation of the family from the past, to the present, for the future. To preserve local history and to maintain a Research Center for a centralized collection of Logan County’s resources.

Also at this location is the Lincoln Room. This room houses the LCGHS collection of Abraham Lincoln books, plates, photographs, and memorabilia.
State Bank of Lincoln (111 N. Sangamon St., corner of Broadway and Sangamon)

Abraham Lincoln met sculptor Leonard Volk on the boardwalk in front of the Lincoln House Hotel. Volk asked Lincoln to pose for a bust and life mask of his face and hands. Signed copies of the masks, as well as original artwork by Lloyd Ostendorf of Lincoln in Logan County, are on display in this building’s lobby.

This artwork is located in the foyer of the State Bank of Lincoln. It includes a large throw picturing the Christening of Lincoln, as well as a bust and several facial models of Abraham Lincoln.

This statue of Abraham Lincoln depicts a part of the Christening Scene. At his feet is the watermelon he used, and in his hand is the tin cup the juice was poured from.

At the top of this picture, you can see a mold of Abraham Lincoln’s hands. At the bottom of the image are footprints, matching those of Lincoln as well. For a few moments, you can put your hands in his, and stand in his shoes.
Site of the Lincoln House Hotel (501 Broadway St.)

The Lincoln House was one of the best hotels between St. Louis and Chicago during it’s time. It stood on this location from 1854 to 1870. Nearly all the politicians of that time came to the Lincoln House at some point, including Abraham Lincoln, Stephen A. Douglas, David Davis, and Richard Ogelsby. The Lincoln House was originally a two story structure that featured a large veranda.

The plaque shown at the right was placed in 1964 by the Lincoln Kiwanis, Lions, and Rotary Clubs and the Illinois State Historical Society. It gives a brief description of the history of this location.
The building shown left is at least the third and maybe the fourth building to occupy this space. The original building, built in 1854, burned soon thereafter, as did most of downtown Lincoln. While excavating for a later rebuild, catacombs were found under the building which may have been used as hiding places for slaves in the Underground Railroad. These Underground Railroad tunnels are speculated to be used by gangsters in the 1930s.
Logan County Courthouse – Exterior (Downtown square)

Pictured Left – Civil War Veteran’s Statue – Dedicated to the Logan County military who died in the Civil War.

Civil War Cannon – Used in the Civil War by the Logan County artillery unity (sign). Robert Logan, son of our namesake of our county, was in the U.S. Legislature and felt that a day of remembrance for those who died in the Civil War was in order. He then was the head of the committee who established the first “Memorial Day.”

Indian Mother – Originally erected in 1906 (year after 3rd courthouse was dedicated) to remember our Native American heritage and the namesakes for many streets, sites, and even the state of Illinois.

This building from ground to dome top is 125 feet. The dome is 52 feet in diameter and a height of 60 feet. The Seth Thomas clocks are each nine feet in diameter. At the Broadway entrance is a tablet that pays homage to Abraham Lincoln.
The beautiful Cleveland sandstone Courthouse is the third county courthouse to stand on this site. The first courthouse here, built in 1855, burnt in April 15, 1857, losing many valuable records, including many back-owed taxes from Logan County residents. The fire was listed as “suspicious,” as it started in several locations at midnight. The second courthouse was then constructed and torn down in 1903 to make way for this modern structure. The present building was completed in 1905, one hundred and one years ago, and continues to fully function as our Logan County Courthouse.
Logan County Courthouse – Interior (Downtown square)

2nd Floor – The mosaic of the state seal is on the dome floor on the first level. It can best be viewed from the second story. The first and second floors hold county offices. The second floor courtroom features the original 1905 furniture, including leather seats and foot rails.

3rd Floor – Paintings on the third floor show the history of Logan County. Elkhart Hill, site of the first white settlement, brought us the three men who plotted Lincoln, Illinois. Logan County was originally part of Sangamon County. Logan County became its own county in 1839. Postville Courthouse was built in 1840 to hold the first of the new county’s courthouse needs and was also an 8th circuit courthouse where Abraham Lincoln traveled throughout five counties twice a year to hear various legal cases. With a population shift closer to Mt. Pulaski, Mt. Pulaski petitioned and was granted the county seat in 1847, when the new Mt. Pulaski Courthouse was built and was used as the 8th Circuit Courthouse for Logan County. The Mt. Pulaski Courthouse is one of only two original 8th Circuit courthouses still in existence today. In 1853, with the coming of the railroad, the population shifted back toward Lincoln. Lincoln petitioned and Abraham Lincoln presented this petition to the legislature that named Lincoln, Illinois as the new county seat that was granted at the election of 1854.

The Phone Booth, on the City Hall roof, was the original place, during WWII, for sky watchers to watch for civil defense. Later, they erected this phone booth to use for a weather spotting station. It had a full-functioning telephone to warn the people below that threatening weather was sighted. A few years back, for roof repairs, they were going to remove the phone booth. Public outcry demanded that it be replaced as it is a unique Lincoln icon.
Lincoln Lot Site (523 Pulaski St.) – A plaque located on the right hand side of this store identifies the location as a lot that Abraham Lincoln once owned.

Three Roses Building (123 S. Kickapoo middle of block across from courthouse west)
This is the only property in Lincoln, Illinois that Abraham Lincoln owned upon his death. He co-owned this property with his good friend and fellow attorney, Samuel Parks.

Arcade (middle of block across from courthouse south)
Horses were the means of travel back then, and this was the place for travelers to place their horses, have them brushed, watered, and rested.

Site of the Rustic Inn (Privately-Owned Building Across Alley to Vintage Fare Building 412 Pulaski – across alley to marker)

This was a local pub where three men from Mt. Pulaski planned to steal the dead President’s body and hide it just south of us in the Bear Caves at Lincoln Lakes. Unfortunately, they were drinking and spoke loudly of things that should be whispered. They were overheard by the bar maid who informed authorities. On the night of the “great heist,” they were apprehended before they could even enter the tomb. Fortunately for them, the attempted theft of a body was a misdemeanor and they received very light sentences. But because of this plot to take a President’s body, the laws were changed to make it a federal felony, with very stiff punishment.

Welcome to the award winning Lincoln College Museum! In the Spring of 2004, we received a special citation by the Lincoln Group of New York and we’re “One of the 10 best Lincoln-related sites in Illinois,” according to Illinois-NOW! travel magazine.

* Take a virtual tour of the Lincoln Museum (Requires Flash 6.0)

From many Abraham Lincoln items, to showcases of the rich local and college history, to a significant Presidential display and tribute and the September 11th exhibit which includes a three foot beam from Tower One, the museum offers a wide variety of historical exhibits pleasing to young and old.

History & Location
The museum is situated on the campus of Lincoln College, originating in 1865 and the only college named for Abraham Lincoln in his lifetime. The Lincoln College Museum began in the 1940s from a private collection of Judge Lawrence Stringer. Stringer willed it to the college instructing that a museum be built. Since then the museum has received many similar generous donations making it one of the most respected Lincoln-related museums in the United States.

Last year alone there were almost 3,500 people from 39 states and 8 foreign nations who visited the museum.

Our mission is to contribute to the knowledge of the Abraham Lincoln heritage, helping educate all to our wonderful history. We would love to meet you and provide you with a personalized tour. See for yourself why many people are continually amazed, impressed, and consider us a recommended visit for anyone interested in Abraham Lincoln.

Admission to the museum is free, though donations are welcome.




HIV /エイズ、結核、マラリア組み合わせで、世界全体でおよそ500万人年(WHO)を殺します。




体内に皮膚を通過 – – 特に怪我の場合の細菌は、気道を介して、単細胞微生物、尿路、消化管としています。













あなたが独立して増殖するが、さまざまな方法で増殖する細胞性 “寄生虫”感染宿主細胞として使用することはできません。






























事実にもかかわらずヘリコバクター・ピロリ(ピロリ菌)は 30年以上前に発見されたことのオーストラリアマーシャルとウォーレンは、生理学・医学、感染症にノーベル賞を受賞した胃腸疾患の数(GI)で病原体の関係を決定するため、引き起こされる。





H. ピロリ [2]。腺癌及び節外のB細胞リンパ腫-現在、慢性胃炎、胃潰瘍や十二指腸潰瘍、胃の悪性腫瘍とのHp感染を結ぶ明確な科学的証拠があります。



根絶の現代の標準的な方法H. ピロリ菌は、 1〜2週間のプロトンポンプ阻害剤と2つ又はそれ以上の抗生物質の使用に基づいて、治療レジメンは、個別に選択し、多くの因子に依存します。


これらの問題は、患者の生活の質および治療 ​​の自己中止の低下につながる可能性があります。


それはに対して「候補ワクチン」の有効性について前臨床試験が多数出版されたH. ピロリ菌の臨床試験の数が限られています。







多くの研究ではに対するプロバイオティクスの殺菌または静菌効果を実証したHを ピロリ菌後に前臨床および臨床試験で研究された。

これらの研究は、単剤療法におけるプロバイオティクスのH.ピロリ菌の活動のいくつかの有効性を示し、効率を高めるおよび/ ​​または標準の根絶療法に包含でのADRを減らします。





子供の感染におけるプロバイオティクスの導入はノーマル比復元ビフィズス菌を 大腸菌、血清中のIgAを高めるだけでなく、血清インターロイキンを減少させます。









ピロリ菌の粘膜とその後の炎症。また、B. ティスで抗生物質との併用療法でのH. ピロリ菌根絶のための標準的なトリプル療法に同定された代替H. ピロリ 95% – 、その効率を大幅に十年前の結果と比較して、68.9%の近年減少します。



正常なヒトの胃の中のそれらの濃度は、0から10まで変化する3個/ gにさらされて、彼らは他の細菌よりも長い胃の中に残っています。






これらの結果は、胃の微生物叢が、 ​​しかし少量で、病原性細菌に対する防御の第一線であることを示しています。



ピロリ菌の胃の上皮細胞上の[42]。同様の結果は、いくつかの株について記載されているラクトバチルス(含むL.アシドフィルスを ピロリ菌ヒトの胃インチ 乳酸菌培養液を使用した場合、この効果がより顕著であった。